Welcome to Ballyland
Breaking News!!! Ballyland’s first interactive, accessible, audio eBook.
Available for iPad and soon for Android touch screen tablets.
Ballyland for Windows and Mac
Sonokids Ballyland is a fun and educational computer game for all children, including children with special needs. The design specifically supports playful learning by children who are blind or have low vision.
Ballyland’s Any Key Goes enables children to explore the computer keyboard independently, with engaging sounds, images, stories and songs. Five Key Games introduce one key at a time, with all other keys disabled. These Key Games can also be accessed with single switch.
- Spoken feedback
- Easy recognisable sounds and images
- Adjustable colour contrast
- Adjustable response time
- No literacy skills required
- No assistive technology required
This program is relevant for:
- Parents and educators of children of all abilities
- Parents and educators of children who are blind or have low vision, or have another print disability
- Parents and educators of children with other special needs
- Occupational therapists
- Early childhood teachers
- Early intervention centres
- Speech pathologists
- Mainstream teachers aiming to include a child with special needs
- Teachers of English as a Second Language
- Teachers and (grand)parents who are blind (the menu and settings are self-voicing and accessible)